Sunday, November 11, 2007

Well...

It's been a pretty crazy... six months. Has it really been that long? For a little while, I tooled around what some experts call "the 616 universe" with my then-wife, Maria Lopez, in my souped-up RV. I did the team-up thing with Ghost Rider, met a nice fellow named Razorback, and even fought that Doctor Doom fellow. It was a busy several months, but some time in September things started going badly. First, a vicious alien creature called a Dire Wraith abducted Maria and I have not seen her since. The fine folks at SHIELD knew about these creatures, and souped-up my RV even more so I could go off into space and try and find them in order to rescue Maria. Boy, was that a mistake!

The first that happened out in space was my meeting a fellow named ROM, the Spaceknight. He was a nice enough guy, even though he was some sort of cyborg. As it turns out, the creature that abducted my Maria was a rogue Dire Wraith and... well... to put a pleasant edge on things, Maria won't be wanting for company any time soon. She won't be wanting for anything, really. Naturally, this news hit me kind of hard and I was tempted to do the "grim and gritty" thing that's so popular these days. I persevered, though, and remained my normal happy-go-lucky self. Also, in space!

So I've been wandering around space for the past month or so, trying my best to stay clear of this "annihilation" thing everyone seems so up in arms about. I'm sure it's big and important in its own way, but I need to find a way to be the Land Captain... in space. I certainly couldn't be the Space Captain, as that would just be silly. I'll keep you posted, folks!

No comments: