Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The Plot Thickens

Dear Journal,

I have spent the past day trying to learn what I could of this world. There is apparently a sort of "Civil War" happening between registered and unregistered heroes, but it seems to be winding down. Maria Lopez, this Maria Lopez, was the daughter of a man who was killed in an accident between two super-people, but she bears no grudge against those who engage in heroics. She doesn't seem to believe me when I tell her that I'm one of them, however. This does not bode well for my future career, but I shall try to make her see the light. I'm still unable to fully trust her after what her counterpart from my universe did to me, but that means we both have things to work on. She has told me I could stay with her until I got back on my feet, which is quite kind of her.

The most disturbing thing I found out was that my Universe did exist, but only in a newspaper comic strip about Spider-Man. My sole appearance in it occurred about a week ago, but two people seemed to like me. I suppose this is a blessing and a curse, as my secret identity has not been revealed and if I so choose, no one will mourn the Land Captain's passing. I have much more to learn about this world, and much to think about.



PS: I found the online diary of the Incredible Hulk. I seem to remember hearing about him, and it seems he has more prominence in this universe than in my own. I've gleamed many tidbits of information from it, and only hope that there are other sources like this.

No comments: